Dictionary beginning with I
- Illegal foreign intelligence service
In the years 1969-1971 operated as D Directorate. It was a part of the 1st Directorate of the Ministry of interior and in 1970, its operation was based on the Statute of the illegal foreign intelligence service and the Principles of illegal foreign intelligence work, approved by the minister of interior on 11 March 1970. For fulfilling its tasks, it had two branches – the central office and the illegal foreign intelligence apparatus abroad. In the organisational structure of the 1st Directorate of the Federal ministry of interior, this division was headed by the deputy chief for the illegal foreign intelligence.
The departments of the illegal foreign intelligence were:
- Analytical defence department of the illegal foreign intelligence (13th department)
- Operative agent department (14th department)
- Department of the illegal foreing intelligence documentation (until 1968: 10th department, 1969-1971: 1st section of the D Directorate, 1974-1989: 18th department)
- Department of the selection, education and steering of the illegal foreign intelligence (until 1968: 11th department, 1969-1971: 2nd section of the D Directorate, 1974-1989: 23rd department of the illegal foreign intelligence)
- Department of communications and operation technologies of the illegal foreign intelligence
After 1955, the illegal foreign intelligence established so-called illegal residenturas in the Federal Republic of Germany, Austria, France, the USA and Argentina.
See also: 1st Directorate of the Federal ministry of interior
- Information department of the 1st Directorate
- Section 18 (1963), Section "S" (1969-1971), Section 17 (since 1974).
- Col. Slavoj Frous "Farkač" (1969 - )
- Lt.Col. Luděk Tomek "Rivet" (1970 - 1971)
- Lt.Col. Jaromíř Zbořil "Zajíc" (1971 - 1980)
- Since 1 January 1981 Lt.Col. JUDr. Zdeněk Kvita "Peterka"
- Since 1. January 1981 deputy chief Maj. František Kramář "Zajíček"
- Col. RSDr. Jan Stehno "Skořepa" (1984 - 1986)
In the organisational structure of the 1st Directorate, the Information department was in charge of processing, analysing and evaluating intelligence materials in the field of foreign policy, psychological warfare and ideological diversion, emigration and enemy special forces for the leading party and state functionaries and for the leadership of the Federal ministry of interior. For the most important international events, it prepared summary information reports for the bulletin of the Ministry of interior or the 1st Directorate. For the secretariat of the Central committee of the KSČ, it dispatched weekly reports containing a summary of current problems, possibly with proposed measures. As a service for the chief of the 1st Directorate, it processed materials for monitoring the intelligence output of operative departments, and materials for outlining intelligence tasks and within the aproved intelligence scope it forwarded materials to operative departments. The department was in charge of keeping documentation from foreign press and other sources, documentation on selected persons and on thematic topics of interest.
The department further regulated the general intelligence activity of the operative departments according to the needs and directions of party and state bodies, in accordance with cooperation agreements with the foreign intelligence of countries of the Communist bloc, most of all with the Soviet espionage; it secured the preparation of operative personnel prior to their mission trips and secured the exchange of information and documents with friendly intelligence services based on concluded agreements.
The inner structure in 1989:
- 1st group – index of unexpected attack (INN) – USA
- 2nd group – NATO and Western Europe
- 3rd group – Afroasia
- 4th group – ideologial diversion
- 5th group – international economic relations
- 6th group – technical and administrative
See also: 1st Directorate of the Federal ministry of interior, political foreign intelligence
- Inspection of the chief of the 1st Directorate
- 1974 - 1976 Lt.Col. Jiří Brůna "Bradáč"
Based on the work plan approved by the chief of the 1st Directorate, the Inspection of the chief of the 1st Directorate executed monitoring and inspection activity at the 1st Directorate and secured the fulfilment of other tasks entrusted to it by the chief. Further it monitored the observance of laws, orders, decrees, directives and other regulations; it prepared analyses of the moral – political state of employees of the 1st Directorate and the disciplinary practice of the 1st Directorate; it investigated cases of violation of the Act on the service duty of members of the National security corps by employees of the 1st Directorate and proposed necessary measures to the chief. In case of a suspicion of a misdemeanor or crime comitted by an employee of the 1st Directorate, it forwarded the case to the Inspection of the Federal ministry of interior.
It investigated complaints and suggestions by citizens, bodies and institutions directed at the activity of employees of the 1st Directorate, as well as complaints and suggestions by employees of the 1st Directorate, and was responsible for their processing within the given deadlines. It kept a unified evidence of all complaints, reports and suggestions delivered to the 1st Directorate.
See also: Chief of the 1st Directorate, 25th department of the 1st Directorate